I cannot stress enough that using Essential Oils is just a part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle naturally for your busy family. Eating well, exercising, taking mental health stress breaks are all necessary. Essential Oils are not a “magic bullet” it is important for you to be smart in taking care of your whole self and to do your own research, learn about the oils and how they work. Here are a few of my favorite essential oil resources:
This first book, the Essential Oils Pocket Reference is a MUST have. It lists ALL the oil and their properties and what they can do help balance all of your body systems so that you can function at tip top levels. It includes the history of essential oils, how they work, how to safely use them, list of singles and blends, techniques for application and personal usage directory.
The Desk Reference includes all of this plus information on all the dietary and weight loss supplements and information on all bodily systems. I own and use both!
2. Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils by Carolyn L. Mein D.C. This amazing book points out that many of our physical problems can be caused by emotional issues this book addresses how Essential Oils can help the process to clear stagnant emotional blocks and patterns. Emotions are stored at a cellular level in specific organs within the body. They must be cleared at this level in order to be released. Essential oils access these stuck emotions at their deepest level, by accessing the limbic portion of the brain, which is the seat of emotions
3. Gentle Babies by Debra Raybern. This is a must have for families thinking about having children, are pregnant or have small children. Combining two decades of professional knowledge with tried-and-true techniques and first-hand testimonials, the author has compiled this insightful and easy to follow guide benefiting both experienced and first-time mothers. In addition, the book contains an introduction to Young Living therapeutic-grade essential oils and applications and provides safety information and a section on discerning the quality of essential oils. Every family taking proactive steps to better health should have this resource in their home library.
4. The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple by David Steward Ph.D, D.N.M. Whether you have a background in chemistry or not, you will understand and enjoy this book. It will enlighten and entertain you while demonstrating, by the chemistry of essential oils, that God’s power and divine nature can be seen through the things he has made. (Romans 1:20) Based on both science and scripture, this book reveals the harmony between the two. Dr. Stewart describes the relationship between the material world and the spiritual world to explain how oils bring healing.
5. Inner Transformations Using Essential Oils by Dr. Leanne Deardeuff, DC. Following a seasonal approach to internal cleansing, authors LeAnne and David Deardeuff present valuable instruction, gained through years of clinical practice using essential oils. This 270-page book starts with colon cleansing and, in a seasonal sequence, progresses through many other organ and body systems cleanses, including the Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs. It also offers rarely found information on using essential oils to enhance each cleanse and to help relieve symptoms of Chronic Fatigue, Lupus, Infertility, Hormone Imbalance, Diabetes and other conditions of our day. Also included in this book are several personal experiences and short excerpts (case histories) that show how Dr. Deardeuff’s patients and friends have experienced the benefits associated with essential oils cleansing.
6. Taming the Dragon Within by Dr. Leanne Deardeuff, DC. This 67-page, playful yet educational book helps women address the serious problems that can be associated with hormonal imbalances. LeAnne Deardeuff, DC (author of Ultimate Balance, Inner Transformations, and other great books) and David Deardeuff, DC, identify how essential oils can help women with hormonal imbalance-related issues such as depression, chronic fatigue, stress, fertility, as well as many others. Whether it’s the teenager or the post-menopausal woman, or anything in between, there is something in this book for women of all ages.
7. http://www.oil-testimonials.com/ This fantastic website is a treasure trove of information. Search for FREE stories of how other people have used the oils with amazing results. This site has been collecting testimonials since 2004 has maintained the most comprehensive list of essential oil testimonials available to the public FREE on the Internet.