Baby its getting cold outside! I am only allowed one cup of coffee a day so when the cold weather creeps in during the fall and winter months, I am not satisfied with just one cup of yummy warmness and later in the day a cozy mug full of peppermint hot chocolate is just what I need to keep the day moving.
The following recipe for hot chocolate can be made any time you need a warm, soothing treat on a cold day – or even to serve at holiday celebrations.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
• 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 Tablespoon sugar
• pinch of salt
• 1 Cup milk (or almond, soy or rice milk)
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 drop of Young Living’s Peppermint Essential Oil
• 1 candy cane
• whipped cream
PS: It’s still really good without the candy cane and whipped cream if you are trying to limit sugar intake!
1) Whisk the cocoa, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Whisk and add the rest of the milk, and heat it over medium heat until hot.
2) Stir in the vanilla and Young Living’s Peppermint essential oil. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle crushed candy cane and serve.
It’s that easy! You can also substituting Young Living’s Cinnamon Bark essential oil, for a twist on a classic favorite.
If you are wondering why I only recommend using 100% Therapeutic Grade essential oils from Young Living check this out HERE.
Young Living also carries a really great chocolate bar called Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence with raw cacao nibs and essential oils already in it. You can just melt some of this into your milk instead of the cocoa powder – you just need to strain the nibs out before drinking it.
In fact right now Young Living is offering a Christmas Gift Set with two mugs, the chocolate and a bottle of Peppermint oil for $48. It makes a fantastic Christmas Gift!
Find out how to become a member and order a kit or two for Christmas Gifts HERE.