Throughout our lives we will form habits that will improve our quality of life and some that will not. The most important thing we can do is take control of our lives and habits we pick up over time. Although it’s true that no one knows how long they will live, there are steps we can take to ensure we are being as proactive and healthy as we possibly can. Allowing healthy habits to become a part of your daily routine will not only enhance your life but attribute to your overall health.
- Exercise – Finding an exercise routine that fits with your schedule and your comfort level is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Whether it be walking, jogging, yoga, or working out at the gym as long as you keep your body active and moving your health will reap the benefits. Exercise makes you feel great and gives you a sense of accomplishment. Exercise also goes hand in hand with eating healthier and making better choices in that area of your life as well. If you have not already done so, you can download my FREE eBook on how to incorporate exercise into your busy life fill out the form in the side bar and it will be on its way to you!
- Healthier Eating – Those that want to get a jump start on a healthy life know it’s imperative to make wise choices in the kitchen. Start bringing whole foods and fresh fruits and vegetables into your home. Staying away from the processed, unhealthy choices that line the aisles at the grocery store will give you a great head start. This can be difficult at first if you are not used to making healthy choices. Discipline is required to avoid the over advertised products that hold no nutritional value and will only lead to more unhealthy habits down the road.
- Follow your dreams – Going after something you want in life will do wonders for your overall health. It makes sense that if you are doing something you love you will live a life that is healthier, more fulfilled, and happy. This is simply because you are letting nothing hold you back from following your heart and carving out your own path to success.
- Maintain your relationships – People need other people in their lives in order to have a more fulfilling life. Social interaction is necessary for people to form a strong network that will be there for them when needed. Those who go without that special bond could be prone to bouts of depression and loneliness. Throughout our lives it’s important to take advantage of these connections, nurture, and maintain them.
- Forget about retirement – Instead of retirement, find a career or vocation that you don’t need or want to retire from. When we have a reason to get up every morning our minds keep working, our health is better, and our daily routine is intact. Without something to work towards many people fall into a downward spiral because they stop putting their talents, skills, and mind to work. If you really don’t want the 40 hour work week (I don’t) find something that you can do on your own time. Start a home based business, freelance or consult. There are are so many options. I have two home based business that I will most likely NEVER retire from as long as I am able as I love them both so much. I chose when, where and how much I work, it is incredibly freeing to do what you love and get paid for doing it!
I get paid to make images like this Tundra Swan. I get paid to help people get and stay healthy, fit and strong. How cool is that? I never want to retire from doing either of these!
Creating healthy habits will not only enrich the life you currently live but also give you a much better chance of living a longer more fulfilled life. With any good habit comes discipline and effort. Once you make these changes the benefits will far outweigh any pain or discomfort you went through in the process.
We all want to live this life for as long as possible and making these habits part of your daily routine will give you a huge jump start in that direction.